Thursday, November 8, 2012

Android NDK + Eclipse: Fixing "Unknown Application ABI"

I've spend the past while hunting this down and have paid the price for not following instructions (though I thought I had). For the life of me, I could not fix the "Unknown Application API...Unable to detect application ABI's" errors I was getting when trying to debug my native Android app with Eclipse's NDK plugin and debugging as "Android Native Application."

Here's what fixed it for me: set the Android NDK path in Eclipse > Preferences > Android > NDK. That's it. That simple. It was originally empty, but once I set it to the right path, Eclipse was happy, and I was happy.


  1. Argh. Thanks for that tip! It fixed it for me too!

    1. Glad it helped! I was hoping this would save some googling time for people, as I spent more time than I should have trying to figure this one out.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.